Like many others I entered teaching with the motivation to inspire, to enthuse and to educate. Although it is for my students to judge I would like to think that I have managed to, mostly, achieve this along the way. After 8 years of teaching in the state sector, like many others, I have left the profession. The students I have taught along the way have mostly made me laugh and smile yet also made me angry and frustrated. To other teachers I hold you in high esteem. Please maintain that energy, the patience, the creativity and the hope. Although I will continue to tutor and remain in touch with the education system, one day I hope I am still capable of rejoining your ranks.
- 2012 – Present: Private A-Level Biology Tutor
- 2009 – Present: Examiner for WJEC/EDUQAS
- 2015: Author of A-Level scheme of work for Harper Collins Publishing
- 2009-2015: Biology teacher, careers coordinator and leader of Duke of Edinburgh Award at Loreto Sixth Form College, Manchester
- 2007-2009: Science teacher at Hazel Grove High School, Stockport
- 2005-2006: English teacher at Aston Future English, Jinzhou, China